Recently I was struggling with Datasheet View, in some clients it simply didn't show. So how I did it in 30 seconds?
The icon was enabled, but kept receiving the following message:
After digging a while I find out the problem. I was using Office 2010 x64 with IE x32.
That means the datasheet view components weren't installed correctly. I need the x86 version of the components. In my case, I couldn't install Microsoft Office Access database engine 2010 x86 version, as I have Office 2010 x64. So the option now is to have Microsoft Office Access database engine 2007 x86 instead.
If that is your case follow the link http://www.microsoft.com/en-
I even tried this components in a computer without any Office application installed. Amazingly I also worked.
If you want to keep in touch, feel free to Subscribe to How I did it - Sharepoint Foundation 2010